Each collegiate chapter holds a variety of recruitment events for potential pledges to get to know Alpha Chi Sigma and those chapter Brothers. Once a prospective member decides to pledge Alpha Chi Sigma, there are multiple steps in the pledging process.
Steps of the Pledging Process
1. The chapter elects pledges. These pledges will go through a pinning or induction ceremony. Each chapter has different requirements for pledges - some may have a GPA requirement, credit hour requirements, etc.
2. The Vice Master Alchemist or Reporter submits the pledges' information to the National Office. Once the report is received, the National Office will send each pledge an email advising they have been reported as pledges for their chapter.
3. Once this email has been received, pledges are able to register on the Alpha Chi Sigma website. The pledge's registration takes up to two business days to become activated.
4. When the registration is activated (after the two business days), pledges will be able to make their initiation fee payment online. Pledges must pay a non-refundable $40 pledge fee and a $145 lifetime membership fee. Pledges are encouraged to pay the entire $185 fee online at one time, however, a member can choose to pay a $120 first installment (which includes the $40 pledge fee and an $80 portion of the lifetime membership fee) before initiation and a second $80 installment within six months of initiation. Pledges must pay their fees at least two weeks before initiation. (Checks must be postmarked by this date). Pledges who do not pay before initiation will not be eligible to go through initiation.
NOTE: The installment payments cannot be made online, but must be sent via check or a credit card over the phone.
5. Following the initiation ceremony, the chapter will e-mail a complete list of pledges that successfully completed initiation. At that point, the National Office will order membership certificates and cards to be mailed to the chapter.
NOTE: The National Office will refund the lifetime membership fees of any pledges who did not successfully go through the initiation ceremony. This refund check will be sent to the chapter's Treasurer to disperse to those pledges that did not initiate.