Chapter's Process for Reporting Pledges
1. The chapter elects pledges.
2. The Vice Master Alchemist or Reporter submits the pledges' information to the National Office using the Pledge Report Form. Include faculty and professional pledges as well as collegiate pledges.
- This file should be completed, saved and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put your chapter name in the e-mail subject line and ensure that the file includes the chapter name and semester (for example: OmegaOmegaFall2017.docx).
- When pledging a professional candidate who is not a faculty member at your school, complete and include the Professional Candidate for Initiation Form when you submit the pledge report form.
- Faculty members and professional candidates are still responsible for paying initiation fees.
- The Pledge Report Form contains space to report 30 pledges. If your chapter has more pledges, use a second form and indicate this in the e-mail. Additionally, you should not skip spaces on the form and each chapter must review the information for accuracy before it is submitted. Forms that are improperly filled out, incomplete or inaccurate will be returned to the chapter.
Below are some important deadlines relating to pledges:
- The Pledge Report Form must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the initiation ceremony.
- The last date to add pledges is three weeks prior to initiation or before the form is processed – whichever comes first. To determine if a pledge form has been processed, please check the pledge recording process log on the website.
3. The National Office prepares and e-mails a pledge confirmation report to the officer who submitted the form; the chapter must ensure that their Vice Master Alchemist, Reporter, and Treasurer receive copies of the confirmation. The chapter must review the report and confirm that all pledges' names are spelled correctly, that all pledges are listed, and a contact name and address for member badges to be mailed is provided on the form. Once this is done, the chapter should immediately e-mail the updated form to the National Office so it can be processed.
4. Pledges should log on to the Alpha Chi Sigma website and register for an online account. After 1-2 business days, pledges should return to the website and log in to their account and pay the $185 fee online using a credit card. This amount includes a non-refundable $40 pledge fee and a $145 lifetime membership fee. Pledges are encouraged to pay the entire $185 fee online at one time.
The $185 fees must be paid at least two weeks before initiation if chapters expect to receive member badges prior to their ceremony. (Checks must be postmarked by this date.) Member badges will be mailed to the address provided on the pledge confirmation report when all fees are paid and may not arrive in time for the ceremony if all payments are made less than two weeks in advance.
If a pledge would like to enroll in a payment plan, they must fill out the Payment Plan Form and submit it to the National Office. This allows them to pay their fees in two installments: $120 prior to initiation and $80 within 6 months of initiation.
Chapters should not initiate pledges unless they have confirmed payment of the entire $185 fee or the $40 pledge fee and the first $80 installment of the installment plan.
In the event a pledge does not complete the initiation process, the chapter must notify the National Office and a refund of the $145 lifetime membership fee will be issued after the chapter initiation date.
5. A final confirmation report will be e-mailed by the National Office to the officer that submitted the Pledge Report Form and previous confirmation report. This officer must ensure a copy is forwarded to their chapter’s Vice Master Alchemist, Reporter, and Treasurer to confirm the initiates. This report must be returned via e-mail to the National Office within 10 days of the initiation ceremony and include an address to which the membership cards and certificates can be mailed.
6. The National Office submits initiation information to the printer, who then mails membership certificates and cards to chapters at the address provided on the final confirmation report. The National Office refunds the lifetime membership fees of the pledges who did not initiate, as reported by the chapter on the confirmation report. The chapter should receive membership cards and certificates approximately 4-6 weeks from the date they were submitted to the printer.